|Have you checked us out on Instagram or Twitter yet? We’re @Etiquipedia|
If you must have your mobile with you in a restaurant...
- Please keep it on silent mode.
- Please keep it off of the table — it’s not part of a place setting.
- Keep it in your handbag, briefcase or a pocket.
- If you must respond to someone, do it via text.
- If you absolutely must take a call, excuse yourself from the table and go to the lobby or outside.
- Take every caution to avoid “phubbing” others around you.
Etiquette Enthusiast, Maura J. Graber, is the Site Editor for the Etiquipedia© Etiquette Encyclopedia