Check-list on Introductions
1. Always introduce a man to a woman.
2. When introducing two men or two women, always introduce the younger to the older.
3. Say “May I present?” Or “I should like you to know.”
4. Always use proper titles such as Miss, Mr., Mrs., Captain, Doctor, Judge.
5. Shake hands like a man with a man. With a woman, only if she first offers her hand.
6. Always stand up to be introduced, or to make introductions.
7. Look squarely at the person you are meeting. Let your glance be firm but friendly.
8. Say “How do you do” after being introduced. Never say “Pleased to meetcha.”
9. Speak names clearly. Drop a hint if you want people to talk.
10. Catch the name if you can. Ask for it if you didn't. — From “Manners for Moderns”, 1938
Etiquette Enthusiast, Maura J Graber, is the Site Editor for the Etiquipedia© Etiquette Encyclopedia