By Gene Autry
- The cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.
- He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
- He must always tell the truth.
- He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.
- He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
- He must help people in distress.
- He must be a good worker.
- He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.
- He must respect women, parents, and his nation's laws.
- The Cowboy is a patriot.
Other Cowboy Etiquette?
1. Don’t ride in front of others.
2. Hats off when you walk into a home, bar or office.
3. Open and close gates.
4. Keep your criticism to yourself.